Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Trip to Poland - Day 1 part 3




Arriving in Poland: the weather wasn't too cold but it was snowing! No real snow, just soggy, white rain, but it looked a lot like snow so that was good enough for me. The taxi drivers were waiting in line for me and although I had been warned, I did not ask the driver for his taxi license. He drove me to the hotel for a whopping 125 Zloty (35 Euros). This might not sound like much to the Irish, but it should have cost me no more than 25 Zloty (7 euros). A busticket would have cost me 7 zloty but I was glad to be at the hotel. Arriving at the reception it turned out they lost my reservation and they asked me for 176 euros which I already paid. After a short struggle they gave me the keys to room 907 and we would sort out payment the next morning. At the local supermarket I bought a few Polish beers and I ate a Pizza at the only restuarant near the hotel. I was knackered, so time to go to bed.

No comments: